It’s the second most wonderful time of the year for those of us with massive Sephora addictions! 😝 That’s right! The Sephora VIB Sale is almost here!!! I thought I would go through some of my favorite cruelty free products available at Sephora to give you a few recommendations while considering what new goodies to pick up this go-round. Real quick, the details as I understand them are that the sale runs from April 18th through the 24th for VIB Rouge members and your discount will be 15% off of everything as many times as you choose to shop in that time frame! Similarly, VIB member will receive 15% off between April 19th and 24th, while Beauty Insiders will be getting 10% off from April 20th through April 23rd. If you’re one of these lucky Sephora Insider members, you should receive a card in the mail as well as a code in your email that can be used over and over again during the above mentioned dates! There has also been some fantastic cruelty free news: Tashina from Logical Harmony has confirmed that Smashbox and Marc Jacobs Beauty (not the fragrances) have been added to her cruelty free list (Stila‘s back too)!!! Discounts and new brands and cruelty free goodness, oh my! 😜 Enough silliness, let’s get to the recommendations (linked to reviews if I have one). 😉
I honestly do not know what happened to December. I feel like I just wrote my November Favorites post, but another whole month has passed! Between the Holiday festivities and baking my ass off, time has really flown past. But alas, here we are and I’m writing about yet another month of favorite beauty products. 🙂 I hope you’ve all had a wonderful month, a great Christmas, Hannukah, or whatever you may celebrate (if anything), and are having a fantastic start to the New Year. Whew! So crazy. But today’s topic at hand is the (mostly) beauty items I have loved the most throughout December. As always, let’s just get into it, shall we?
Sooooo. Long time no post, eh? I wish I could say that I’ve been trying, but I really haven’t. I have had absolutely no motivation when it comes to the blog. But there’s nothing quite like talking about my favorite products of the month to help motivate me again! So at least for today, I have a new post!!! Whoo! ? As far as the rest of life, well…. The President-Elect is still making horrible decisions and making me question the viability of being American, and beyond horrible news seems to be hitting some of my friends, but things are going well enough on my part so at least there’s that! ? It’s been a roller coaster of a month so I’m glad to see it go, but I do wish I could relive Thanksgiving. It’s been so long since my little family has had a Thanksgiving with everyone in relatively good health. Fortunately this year everyone was healthy enough to enjoy it and we all did! ? If you’re curious, the “we” consists of just me, my Mom and my Dad. Basically the only family that’s ever been around me with any regularity and I love them dearly. If you remember, the past two Christmases have been delayed – last year until February! – due to health issues in the family so I’m hoping that this Christmas will be equally as enjoyable…and on time! ? But now we’re getting ahead of things and we have a lot of favorites to cover this month! So, on to my Cruelty Free November Favorites. ?
Ahhhhh!!! It’s that time of year again! Yup, Sephora’s annual VIB / VIB Rouge 20% Off Sale! If you’re a Rouge member, you are probably aware that the sale just began for you (code “20ROUGE”)! ? For Rouge members, the sale runs from November 4-7, while VIB members get a go at the sale from November 11-14 (code “20VIB”). Given this always exciting event, I thought I would share some of my cruelty free recommendations with you today! So let’s get started as this could become rather lengthy. ?
- Cover FX Custom Cover Drops – I bought these a few weeks ago and am absolutely impressed (look for a review next week). They are pigment drops that you mix with any non-powder face product to create your own custom foundation! Love!
- Ardency Inn Modster Manuka Honey Enriched Pigments – These are absolutely gorgeous eye shadows! I have more than I care to admit. “Rose Gold” is shown in the picture (and it’s always sold out!), but I also love “Heaven,” “Hell,” and “Peacock.” I have my eye on “Copper” too!
- Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Ferulic + Retinol Eye Cream – I really love this eye cream! It’s a thick gel texture that is totally hydrating without being too heavy. I am prone to little bumps under my eyes (millia) and this has not caused any issues. My eyes are left so soft and supple, while theoretically helping with anti-aging.
- Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 30 – This is brand spankin’ new and I only have a sample right now, but it is phenomenal! I have a lot of texture issues, and this primer / sunscreen hybrid is hands down the best pore blurring product I have ever tried…and I’ve tried a lot! I’d grab it for the blurring factor alone, but with the added SPF and anti-aging benefits, it is a sure winner.
- Nails Inc. NailKale Superfood Base Coat – This is a fantastic base coat! It sounds gimmicky, but I really do feel like my nails are a bit stronger and in better condition when I use this base coat. And if the packaging alone isn’t nice enough for you, the brush on all of the newly packaged Nails Inc. polishes is spectacular! Wider, but not too wide and flat. This is another constantly sold out online product (check in stores ’cause it’s out right now too), but definitely check out any of the new Nails Inc. polishes – I have my eye on Abbey Road and the rest of the White Collection (only in stores) right now!
- Urban Decay Sheer Revolution Lipsticks – Oh, where do I begin? I love this new sheer formula so much that I currently have 6 ::blushes:: of the shades already! Though they are called “sheer,” they are by no means just a hint of tint. These pack a color punch, but in that nice almost stain-type way. Really comfortable on the lips as well.
- Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Brush – I usually hate dual-ended brushes, but this one is just so useful on both ends that I can look past the awkward storage issues. It is so soft and, of course, made with synthetic fibers. The slanted “contour” end works beautifully for applying and blending out contour powders, bronzers and blushes; the “highlight” end is perfecting for highlighting, contouring, setting under eyes, powdering the face, blush, do I need to keep going? Definitely a brush worth having in your arsenal!
- Cover FX Illuminator (Moonlight) – This is quite possibly the perfect highlight. It is not glittery or shimmery. It genuinely just creates that ethereal “lit-from-within” glow that everyone wants. The powder is so buttery soft and can be packed on with a finger for an inner eye highlight or used with a brush for a less intense, but strikingly beautiful sheen. It’s another one that’s often out of stock (like now, so check in stores).
- Nails Inc. Spring Summer Mini Gel Effect Collection – As I mentioned above, the Nails Inc. polishes are divine! Though these mini bottles don’t have that perfect brush (it’s an old-school thin rounded brush), the colors just scream Spring and Summer! This is one of the few nail polish sets that I have come across where I would honestly wear every single one of the colors.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara – Need I say more? I love this mascara so much that I’m not only willing to pay full price, but I actually don’t even want to try any other mascaras! My search for the perfect mascara is over. It’s the deepest of blacks, creates fantastic volume and length – my mom sometimes asks if I’m wearing false lashes with this on! – and is water-resistant without being impossible to remove. I’ve reviewed it here if you’d like to read more.